The sandwich requires assembling all the ingredients together & you are ready with a delicious & filling breakfast in no time. Adding lettuce helps me add greens into my meal. I have taken white sandwich bread but you could make this using wheat, whole grain or any bread of your choice. Also to make it a bit spicy, I have added some hot chili sauce.
Since we are not cooking anything no real measurements are necessary.
Few slices of bread (as required)
1 tomato cut into thin slices
1 cucumber peeled & cut into thin slices
few lettuce leaves (am using mix springs)
Green chutney (am using Coriander-mint chutney) (as required)
Tomato Ketchup (as required)
Hot chili sauce (optional)
Chaat masala (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
- Take your bread slices & apply some butter on it followed by green chutney to one side.
- Now place your lettuce on the slice to which green chutney is applied. Chutney will act as glue & help to hold the lettuce. Add as many or little as you like.
- Top it with two slices of tomato. Season the tomato well with salt & pepper.
- Now place cucumber slices all over the tomato. Sprinkle some chaat masala on the cucumber. If you don't have chaat masala just sprinkle salt & pepper to taste.
- Now take the other slice & apply a combination of tomato ketchup & hot chili sauce & Close the sandwich.
That's it, our super easy & delicious Tomato, Cucumber & Lettuce Sandwich is ready. Enjoy it as snacks, breakfast or even as a light dinner with some more salad of your choice on the side.
Sending the recipe to events:
Spotlight: Healthy Snacks (Original Announcement Page)