I've used grape/cherry tomatoes for this post but you could also use regular tomato & cut them in slices, marinate & then bake. I sometimes even like to add a crushed garlic clove while baking to get a tinge of garlicky flavor. But usually I make these in bulk & store so I omit the garlic. Store these in air-tight container & these are good for weeks in refrigerator & months when frozen.
Few months back I had posted Linguine with Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes. Have been a fan ever since, so definitely more recipes using roasted tomatoes coming up on this space so stay tuned.
Now to the recipe........
2 cups of cherry/grape tomatoes
1 tsp of dry oregano
1/2 tsp of dry rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half & add the oregano, rosemary, salt pepper & olive oil to them. Mix well & marinate it for 10-15 mins.
- Line a baking try with aluminium foil & arrange the marinated tomatoes on it with the open half facing up.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven & bake for about 45 mins to 1 hr or till the tomatoes have lost their moisture & have shrink-ed.
- Allow them to cool completely & then transfer to air-tight container. Refrigerate to use within weeks or freeze for longer usage.
That's it, our Oven Roasted Tomatoes are ready! Enjoy them as snacks or mix them with salads, or pasta's