With an infant, the amount of time u get to spend in the kitchen gets limited. Cooking elaborate meals can get secondary so such quick and simple yet tasty One pot meals are my go to recipes these days. Its a total win-win considering this dish can be fixed in very little time and can even speed up the process if you prep'ed up in advance like the night before or so. Also its a great way to use any leftovers in the fridge.
Now to the recipe...
15 to 16 mushrooms medium sized ( approximately 250-300gms)
10-12 bulbs of small green onions
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tbsp of soya sauce
2 tbsp of chilli vinegar (or regular vinegar)
2 tbsp of green chilli sauce
1 tbsp of hot sauce(used Siracha)
2 cups of cooked rice (used basmati rice)
1 tsp of sesame oil (optional)
1-2 tbsp of cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
Chop the veggies - slice each mushroom into 4-5 pieces as shown. Finely chop the spring onions, green and red bell pepper and keep aside. In a pan heat the cooking oil on medium to high heat & once hot add the sesame oil and spring onions & saute for a minute. Then add the ginger garlic paste & saute for a minute again or till raw garlic smell disappears.
Now add the mushrooms & saute on high for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are partially cooked (They will starting leaving moisture and will turn soft and also shrink in size.) Now add red and green bell pepper & saute for a minute then add salt and pepper and mix well. Add salt carefully as the sauces contain salt too.
Once the bell peppers are partially cooked (retain the crunchiness) add soya sauce, chilli vinegar, chilli sauce and hot sauce. Saute roughly for 2 mins. Finally add the cooked rice along with some finely chopped spring onion greens and mix it well.
- For fried rice, I would recommend using cooked rice that is refrigerated overnight. I usually cook my rice at night, cool it & then refrigerate it overnight. This helps to prevent the rice from breaking as well as prevents the grains from sticking to each other. If you plan to make this rice the very same day then cook the rice first, spread it on a dish evenly (use two dishes if required) Cool it for some time & then refrigerate it. Then cut all the veggies & prepare the dish. This will give the rice some cooling time.
- I have used basmati rice for this dish but you can use any rice available to you.
- Use veggies of your preference & quantity. I like to add red bell pepper as it really enhances the taste & color of the rice. But its totally optional and you can totally use green bell pepper instead.
- Ensure not to overcook the veggies, they should be cooked yet crunchy.
- If you prefer your rice more/less spicy adjust the chilli and hot sauce accordingly.
That's it out Mushroom Fried Rice is ready, Serve it hot just on its own or with some Vegetable Manchurian or with Broccoli, Mushroom & Bell Peppers in Chilli Garlic Sauce or any gravy of your choice.
For such more Indo-Chinese recipes check the link : Indo-Chinese